Select Setup > My Company > Information & Settings
- The My Company Information and Settings window opens. Click APX.
- The APX Settings window opens. Under Credit Card Surcharge Management, select Transfer surcharge to clients.
The APX Transfer Surcharge Terms window opens. Select Yes if you agree to the terms and wish to proceed.
- When you return to the APX Settings window, you can also select Always ask to transfer surcharge. This option enables you to deselect surcharge during the billing stage if you wish to waive surcharge for a client. Select OK.
When you return to the My Company Information and Settings window, select OK.
- When you are ready to bill a client, select Billing and then select the invoice. Right click on the invoice and select Create Pay Now Request.
- A window pops up and you have the option to deselect Transfer credit card surcharge to the client. Click Proceed.
- The Do you want to edit the email before sending it? Window opens. You can choose Yes to edit or No if you are ready to send the email.
- Your client will receive an email with the invoice and the Pay Now
- When your client clicks on Pay Now, they are brought to the secure portal. A message on the top informs the client that a 3% surcharge will be applied for credit card payments. When a credit card payment option is selected, the new amount with the 3% surcharge is reflected.
- You and your client will receive confirmation of the payment with the surcharge added.
- If you need to manually submit a payment with a client using a credit card, you can do that in the record and the surcharge amount will automatically populate the field.
- All surcharges are reflected in your OfficeTools Notes.