If you are having macros related issue, this is likely due to a recent restriction Microsoft had rolled out at the end of 2022, increasing security measures, you can read more on it at the link below:
Firstly, unblock the Word Startup macros in 'C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP':
- Right click on both (could be 3) macros and go to Properties
- In General Tab make sure to check this:
If you still have issues within Word with Developer after, then:
- Launch Word, go to Options -> Add-ins
- At the bottom of the window, one by one, GO into the following Add-in categories and re-enable anything that has HotDocs in the name:
Consider allowing for all your macros to be enabled:
Lastly, you can try doing a clean install anyways:
- Do a full uninstall of the application (firstly via Control Panel
- Then manually remove any leftover files in C:\Program Files (x86)\HotDocs).
- Lastly, remove any Registry Keys created via Registry Editor:
5. Be sure to restart the machine after the above steps.
6. Next, install the latest version of the application available to you anew.
In case if your instance of Microsoft Word keeps disabling Macros even if you have All Macros Enabled in Trust Centre and you do not have any Group Policies in place, please reach out to Microsoft Support advising that your MS Word instance keeps disabling Macros of Add-ins.
Microsoft Contacts Page:
Article is closed for comments.