You can request additions and changes to your APC Client Groups through the Customer Account Portal.
To request additional Client Groups to be added to your APC environment, go to the Products tab. As long as you have an APC Client User or APC Collaborative User product, you will have the ability to add a Client group.
- Navigate to the Products menu. Click + on the APC Client Group grid
- You will be able to specify a Client Group name. This will be the name of the folder in your APC environment.
- A Client Group ID will be automatically generated. This will be used to uniquely identify the folder
Users are either your own Staff or personnel of your clients. To grant access to your APC environment to your own Staff, you will need an APC Client User license. To grant access to the APC environment to your client's personnel, you will need an APC Collaborative User license. You will need the correct quantity of licenses for the number of staff or personnel you want to grant access.
- Navigate to the Contacts menu. Edit an existing contact by clicking it or add a new contact by clicking +.
- In the APC User Information section:
- Select whether this user is a member of your own Staff or the Client Group he has access to
- Select the User Type you want to assign this user (available types will depend on the licenses you have purchased)
- Select the MS Office License type you want to assign to this user, if any (available types will depend on the licenses you have purchased)
Once you have finished creating all your users, click the top orange bar. You will be taken to create a ticket with all the information we need at AbacusNext to process your request pre-populated in the ticket.
- An APC Support person will make the necessary changes in your APC environment.
- If the ticket is not complete, the Status of the APC Group and User Type will indicate it is still (Pending)
- Once APC Support has completed the work and closed the ticket, the information in the Customer Account Portal will not have the Pending indicator
Inactivating Groups and Users and other Changes
- You can flag an APC Group as Inactive by unselecting the Active checkbox. You will need to create a ticket by clicking the orange notice bar to let APC Support team know to inactivate that Client Group.
- You can inactivate a User selecting the Inactive checkbox in the top corner of the Contact screen
- You will need to let APC Support know to free up the license so be sure to click the orange bar to create the ticket. When you create the ticket, please let APC Support know what date you'd like to remove access
- Let the APC Client Group know what you want to have done with any associated email address. Options include:
- Keep the email active, but this doesn't free up a license
- Deactivate the email and it will be deleted permanently in 30 days
- Convert it to a Shared Mailbox, you need to specify which user to share the mailbox with
- Forward the email to an alias, let us know the alias; Forward does not save historic email