To help ensure the security of your Abacus Private Cloud (APC) environment, AbacusNext employs geo-location filtering to help prevent unauthorized access from malicious actors located in foreign countries. As a result, an additional layer of authentication is required to access your APC environment when traveling abroad. This feature is called APC Out of Country Access (APC OOC).
With Out of Country Access, APC Clients of AbacusNext traveling outside North America first establish a secure VPN connection to AbacusNext North American based proxies. Once the secure connection is made, APC Clients can simply connect to their APC server(s) using the same process/icons normally used to connect to APC.
APC Clients traveling outside North America that wish to connect to their APC environment.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or higher operating system
- Broadband internet connection with minimum 1Mbps/1Mbps per device
- No networking filtering hardware/software that prohibits HTTPS and SSL VPN traffic
1. Open a web browser and go to https://tunnelblick.net
2. Click “Download Latest Stable Release”
3. Launch the downloaded file
4. Double-click the “Tunnelblock” icon
5. If you receive the following warning, click “Open”:
6. Once the Tunnelblick installation completes, you’ll see the Tunnelblick icon in the system tray (top right of your desktop):
7. Open a web browser and go to https://ooc.cloudsecure.com
8. Log in with your APC credentials
9. Click “Download configuration for other OSs”
10. On the “Install Configuration For All Users?” window, click “Only Me”
11. If prompted, enter your Mac computer password and click “OK”
12. Click the Tunnelblick icon in the system tray. Click the menu option “Connect (your username)_ssl_vpn_config”
13. Enter your APC Username and Password, and click “OK”
14. If you receive a warning stating “This computer’s apparent public IP address…”, check the box next to “Do not warn about this again for any configuration” and click “OK”
15. If you receive a message stating “Warning: This VPN may not connect in the future” click “OK”
16. The text in the status widget near the system tray will turn green once your Out of Country Access connection has been established.
17. Once it shows that you are connected, double click on your normal APC Connection Icon to connect.
18. Log in as you normally would with your APC credentials
19. You will now be connected to your APC environment
When making an Out Of Country Access connection in the future, start at step #12- there is no need to re-install the application and configuration.