This can happen if the Lacerte Client Number had been modified, or your Lacerte file has become unlinked.
1. First, check to ensure that your Lacerte File is correctly linked. Navigate to Setup > My Company > Information and Settings > Integrations > Lacerte
- Ensure that the Lacerte Default Directory is set to your Lacerte file (usually on a network drive)
- Ensure that the year Drop-down matches
- Ensure the Lacerte Executable File matches the above unless under specific circumstances (by default Lacerte will install the .exe file here).
Please note: If either the executable file or Year drop-down are blank or incorrect, you will not receive a prompt to "Sync to Lacerte" upon editing an existing contact (if your global settings are set to prompt).
2. Within OfficeTools navigate to Contacts > Import/Export Contacts > Lacerte Sync > Match Contacts…
- From here you will need to select the Entity Type and may also need to uncheck the Show Only non-Sync‘d Contact’s under both the OfficeTools and Lacerte columns in order for the Contacts in question to show.
- Once found select the Contact in each Column and select - Link Contact ->
Please note: You cannot modify the account number in OfficeTools, you will need to update the new Client number in Lacerte.
3. Once the Contacts are sync'd you can always run a test by changing Contact information within OfficeTools and verifying that it has changed within Lacerte.