This Knowledge Base Article will provide you with some Tips and Hints as to how best to navigate and utilize the Email module and all of the features and capabilities it has to offer.
In the Amicus main view click Email.
You can choose to show the list of Email in your inbox, drafts, junk, or sent items folder(s).
Or, to filter the list to any particular Email folder, or subfolder, click All Folders. Start typing the name of any folder or subfolder in the search box, and choose one from the match list that appears underneath. Or simply navigate in the folder list, expanding items to see their subfolders. Then select the desired folder or subfolder.
Email subfolders you've previously created from Outlook or Outlook Web Access are available. The “Amicus Saved” subfolders correspond to each of your Files, and contain your associated EMail(s) on the File.
If you have a large number of folders or subfolders, “Show More…” might appear at the bottom of the list or sublist. click that item to display more items.
Preview / Expand an Email : Click the < button at the right to expand and preview an Email. To close the preview, click Close or the > button. To switch directly to the preview for a different Email, simply click the < button for that other Email.
- Subfolders : If filtered to your Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, or Junk folder, the list does not include Email in any subfolders. Use the All Folders filter to see the contents of a subfolder.
- Whose Email : These lists show only your Email. They do not include other users' Email – that is, Email they Sent and / or Received – even if associated with a File.
- Icons : The icon at the left indicates whether an Email is Unread, Read, Forwarded, or Responded To. A paperclip to the right of the icon indicates that an Email has an Attachment. An exclamation point to the left marks an Email of High Importance (URGENT), and a down arrow marks one of Low Importance.
- Follow-Up : A red flag at the right indicates the Email is marked for follow-up. A checkmark indicates that the follow-up has been completed.
Quickfind an Email
Enter Search Text in the Quickfind Box at the bottom of the screen to find matching Email in the currently selected folder. Optionally, click a different option at the right to change which Email fields are searched.
Amicus Cloud – EMail – QuickFind
The Results list has an orange header.
Amicus Cloud – EMail – QuickFind Results
To clear the Results, simply click the X button at the right.
Delete an EMail
You can Delete your own Email – ones that you have Sent and / or Received. They will move to your Deleted Items folder, which is available via the All Folders filter on the Email main view.
Work with the Amicus Saved Folders
- To help keep your Inbox and Sent Items folders tidy, your Amicus Saved Email folder has a separate subfolder for each of the Files that you are assigned to.
- By default, Amicus is set to automatically move your Incoming and Sent Email to an Amicus Saved subfolder, once they are associated with a File and meet all other relevant criteria. Or, manually move Email to their corresponding subfolders via your Exchange client – ex. Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
- In the Email main view, use the All Folders filter and select an Amicus Saved subfolder to show your Sent and Received items on a particular file.
To see all Email associated with a particular File, including ones that you didn‘t Send or Receive, and ones that haven’t been moved to an Amicus Saved subfolder, open the File and click on the Email button to view all associated to that particular File.
Work with Junk Email
- In the Email Main View, you can filter the list to your Junk folder to see incoming EMails that were automatically moved there by Exchange because they are likely spam.
- To move an EMail to your Inbox, select it and click on Not Junk. Or, to delete it, simply select it and click on Delete. These functions are also available if you open the EMail, itself.
Work with Email Attachments
- In an Email Window, Attachments are listed in the top section.
- Click an Attachment to open it or save a copy to your Computer. If you need to delete an attachment from an Email, use an Exchange application such as Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
You do not need to have an attachment and then add it as a document on a File in order to search it. The Search function in Amicus Cloud searches the contents of attachments, assuming that the Email is associated to a File that you have access to, of course.