What information is exchange between Amicus & Quickbooks
Tags: Amicus Premium
Records are exchanged between Amicus Attorney and QuickBooks in the directions indicated, using
appropriate match criteria.
In some instances the above noted records are filtered based on certain criteria such as their current status (i.e., Open versus Closed).
The following rules apply:
• WITHOUT BILLING: Record Deletions are not supported in the Link and therefore must be performed manually in both applications.
• WITH BILLING: While File/Job, Client/Customer, and Vendor deletions are not supported in the Link and must therefore be performed manually in both applications, Amicus Billing transaction deletions and key field edits are supported.
For example: Amicus users may delete a Trust Receipt, or edit the amounts in a Trust File-to-File Transfer, and a reversing entry will be exchanged to QuickBooks.
• Only Amicus Open Billable Files with an associated Client where the Responsible Lawyer is mapped to a QuickBooks Sales Rep will be exchanged.
• Amicus Files set to be Excluded from the Link will not be exchanged.
• Only QuickBooks Active Customer:Jobs where the Sales Rep is mapped to an Amicus Timekeeper will be exchanged.
• Updates will not be sent over from Amicus where the Amicus File is Active and the QuickBooks Job is Inactive. Therefore, changes must be manually input.
• Updates to some fields are not supported in QuickBooks. For details, see “File/Job field mapping”
• Only Amicus Primary Clients on Files that meet the scope requirements above are exchanged with QuickBooks Customers
• Only QuickBooks Customers with eligible Jobs are exchanged
• Only QuickBooks Vendors marked Active will be exchanged.
• A QuickBooks Vendor cannot be matched with an Amicus Contact record if that record is already linked to a QuickBooks Customer as a Primary Client.
WITHOUT BILLING: Billing Rates/Service Items
• Billing Rates that do not exist as Service Items in QuickBooks will be added.
• A “parent” Service Item for the Amicus Timekeeper will be created in QuickBooks, with “sub items” created for each Billing Rate.
• Updates to Service Items that match a Billing Rate are not supported
WITHOUT BILLING: Time Entries
• Time Entries are sent to QuickBooks from Amicus directly by Firm Members by using the Posting function.
• Updates to Time Entries already posted to QuickBooks are not supported. Revisions must be made directly in QuickBooks.
WITH BILLING: Expenses/Costs
• QuickBooks Client Costs can be imported to Amicus as “Hard Cost” Expenses on Files, by Billing Supervisors using the Import QuickBooks Costs function.
• Updates or deletions to Costs already imported to Amicus are not supported. Revisions must be made directly in Amicus Expenses. However, voided checks and refunded credit card transactions in QuickBooks can be imported as negative (reversing) Expenses.