This feature allows you to post data directly without using the Posting File feature of Abacus Accounting. (With the Posting File feature, you first save the data to a posting file and then have another step of actually posting the data to the actual database.)
Using the Post Direct feature means once you fill out the data entry screen, you will save and post at the same time (by selecting the Save and Post button).
Post Direct feature is available in the following areas of the program:
- Billing > Cost and Adjustments
- Billing > Payments Received
- Trust > Trust Deposits
- G/L > General Ledger
- A/P > Enter and Post Payables
The Post Direct users WILL be able to post the NON Post Direct users work also, if desired, by selecting the POSTING FILE button on the data entry screen, which will bring you back to the List View screen that displays the items waiting to be posted.
Entering data using the Post Direct feature and Posting File feature is EXACTLY the same.
The Post Direct feature is setup on a workstation by workstation basis, as follows:
- Click File > Setup > Workstation Options.
- Select the Data Entry tab.
- Select the area of the program you would like to have Post Direct activated by checking the radial button in the list of areas available.