This article provides instructions on how to install LEGACY Abacus Mobile. If you are looking to install the Abacus Mobile app (currently only available for Abacus Private Cloud clients), please see this article.
- Configure Router and Firewall
- Install iAbacus Web Server
- Enable Mobile Access
- Configure Users in AbacusLaw by CARET
- Log Into Abacus Mobile (Abacus Mobile ONLY)
Configure Router and Firewall
Log in to the external router for your network and then forward TCP Port 8443 to the server’s internal IP address. Save the changes.
- You may have to restart the router for the changes to take effect.
- Open the Windows Firewall (or any other software firewall that you are using) on the server and add an exception for TCP Port 8443, name it AbacusSync.
- Confirm that TCP port 8443 is open by probing the port using a port probing service such as GRC ShieldsUp! . The port should report as open. If it does not, another firewall (such as a firewall implemented by your office building) is blocking the port, and the port must be opened on that firewall before proceeding.
Install iAbacus Web Server
Run the iAbacusSetup.exe from the Abacus/v23/Programs folder on the server.
During the install verify the location of the AbacusLaw by CARET install. You can verify the correct Abacus directory by checking the properties of the AbacusLaw by CARET icon (right-click, Properties).
Enable Mobile Access (AbacusLaw by CARET v23.24 or later)
Navigate to File > Setup > System Options.
- Only AbacusLaw by CARET users with the Administrator security profile can access this area.
On the Preferences tab, ensure that your Time zone is correct.
- Click the Features tab
- Click the cog icon next to Mobile Access
Check Enable Mobile Access
Configure Users in AbacusLaw by CARET
Log in to each user’s profile in AbacusLaw by CARET and configure the Sync & Mobile tab for a user ID and password. File > Synchronize > Abacus Sync & Mobile > Setup
Enter the Firm ID > dash > AbacusLaw by CARET log in initials. Following the log in ID is your web password. (This will be the same password you will use on the AbacusSync website, if installing AbacusSync.)
- An example would be 22635-WAM and then for another user 22635-AMS. (Where 22635 is the firm ID.
Input your desired Password for logging into Abacus Mobile. Note that your password must meet all of the following complexity requirements:
- At least 8 characters.
- At least one upper-case letter.
- At least one lower-case letter.
- At least one number or special character (e.g. $).
- Go through the settings to add any queries or change of settings desired and then click OK.
Log Into Abacus Mobile
- To access Abacus Mobile, type the following URL into your web browser on your mobile device: https://[server‘s IP address]:8443/mabacus, replacing [server’s IP address] with the public (WAN) IP address for your Abacus server (this is in a format similar to: xxx.xxx.xx.xxx). This IP address is also displayed when running a port scan in GRC ShieldsUp!
- Your browser may throw a security warning (“Your connection is not private” in Chrome, or “Your connection is not secure” in Firefox). This is normal behavior. Click Advanced, and then Proceed (in Chrome), or Add Exception (in Firefox).
- The Abacus Mobile login screen should appear. Enter the username and password that you set up for your AbacusLaw by CARET user
If your browser was not able to connect to the webpage that you entered, verify that you entered the URL correctly. If you did, verify again that port 8443 is open, and that the IP address that you entered in the URL is the correct IP address to your AbacusLaw by CARET server.