- Re-Activate AbacusLaw
- Enable Mobile Access
- Add your Abacus Mobile Login
- Link your Who Code to a Timekeeper
- Install the AbacusLaw Mobile App
To use the Abacus Mobile app, you must have the following:
- AbacusLaw version 23.30
- An active Abacus Mobile subscription for the number of users that will be using the app.
- On Premise clients will need to first follow the API Installation Guide.
If you do not meet the prerequisites, please contact Sales at 800-726-3339. If your AbacusLaw version is older, you can schedule an AbacusLaw Update here, along with the API install if not on our Private Cloud.
- Open AbacusLaw. Navigate to File > Register.
- Click Activate.
Verify that the confirmation lists Web/Sync Licenses. If not, contact Client Services at 800-726-3339 to verify that your Mobile subscription has been processed and added.
To view a video demonstration of the instructions below, go here.
Enable Mobile Access
Only Abacus users with the Administrator security profile can access this area.
- Navigate to File > Setup > System Options.
- On the Preferences tab, ensure that your Time zone is correct.
- Click the Features tab
- Click the cog icon next to Mobile Access
- Check Enable Mobile Access
Add your Abacus Mobile Login
If you do not see the Sync & Mobile tab after the previous steps have been completed, contact Client Services at 800-726-3339.
- Each user who would like to log into Abacus Mobile will need to do the following:
- Navigate to File > Setup > User Preferences. A new Sync & Mobile tab should appear.
- Check Enable Sync and Mobile web features for this user.
- Input your desired User ID for logging into Abacus Mobile. Note that your User ID must start with your customer ID, followed by a hyphen (e.g. 12345678-KL), and may not end with a number.
- Input your desired Password for logging into Abacus Mobile. Note that your password must meet all of the following complexity requirements:
- At least 8 characters.
- At least one upper-case letter.
- At least one lower-case letter.
- At least one number or special character (e.g. $).
If you are an Administrator, you can also enable mobile access and create the logins for each desired user centrally by navigating to File > Setup > User Manager, clicking Edit on the relevant user(s), and performing the above steps.
Link your Who Code to a Timekeeper
To use Abacus Mobile, your user login must be linked to a timekeeper code in Accounting. To verify that this is set up:
- Click on Calendar on your toolbar.
- Click on the WHO button at the top right of the Calendar window.
- In the “Who” Setup window that appears, highlight the Who code that matches the user ID you use to log in, and click Link.
- In the window that appears, double-click the timekeeper that you would like items you bill to be attached to.
If you do not currently have a Who code that has the same initials that you use to log in, click Add to add a new Who code for your initials, then proceed from step 3.
Install the AbacusLaw Mobile App
- Install the AbacusLaw Mobile app for Android or iPhone.
- Log in using the credentials that you entered in AbacusLaw for your user previously.
If you receive an Invalid credentials error, and you are sure that you have entered your credentials correctly, contact Client Services at 800-726-3339, so that we can verify that your account has been added to the Abacus Mobile database.