You can associate a picture with any name/matter. For example, you could associate an image of a real estate property with its matter record or you could associate an image of a client with his name record. Pictures associated with names/matters appear in the picture window when the name/matter is opened.
Enable Picture Window
- In Abacus Law, navigate to File > Setup > User Preferences
- On the User Info tab, under the Settings area, check Show Picture Window.
Add the Picture
The image can be a .bmp, .jpg, or .png,
- Name the image with the case number of the matter, or ID of the name. For example, if the case number or name ID is RE-1234, then name the picture RE-1234.bmp.
- Move the image to the \Abacus\Pictures directory where the Abacus program files are stored, into a respective sub-directory based upon whether it is a name or matter record that you are adding the photo to.
- For a Names picture the path would be \Abacus\Pictures\Names
- For a Matter picture, the path would be \Abacus\Pictures\Matters
- Open the name or matter record that you added the photo for, to verify that it now appears.
Do not close the picture before closing the Name record, as it will not appear again until you restart AbacusLaw. If you have enabled the picture window and it does not appear, close AbacusLaw and re-open.