Abacus MessageSlips is an internal messaging program like Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger or any of the other messaging programs out. The difference with Abacus MessageSlips is that it is an internal use only. You can also use MessageSlips to post and bill notes into the Abacus program.
Disable MessageSlips on Startup
- Click the MessageSlips icon at the bottom of your screen.
It should be located in your Windows System Tray in the bottom right of the desktop by default.
- When the list appears scroll to Setup > User Preferences.
- In this window you will want to remove the check from the box that says to Launch MessageSlips when Windows starts.
- Click Done to save and exit.
Disable MessageSlips Completely
To eliminate it from opening on any PC first you will need to make sure no one is using MessageSlips.
- Open My Computer or Computer (depending on your version of Windows).
- Navigate to the root Abacus Folder.
- Open the \Abacus\vXX\Programs folder.
vXX represents the version which is currently installed, either v22 or v23.
- Locate Msgs.exe.
- Rename it to Msgsold.exe.
Article is closed for comments.