Abstract: The seventh article in a series of articles about Notifications.
If your firm is using client notifications, this procedure needs to be performed for each client individually if you selected Select who gets reminders when configuring client notifications. If you selected High Touch when configuring client notifications, this procedure only needs to be performed to disable clients as necessary.
For a video demonstration of this procedure, see https://youtu.be/d_7aw25pEbg.
- Open the client in the Name window.
- If the client wants to receive notifications via email, ensure that the Email field for the name record is populated correctly. If the client wants to receive notifications via text messaging, ensure that the appropriate phone number field for the name record is populated correctly. (This field is selected during configuration – see Configuring Client Notifications.)
- Click the Name Actions button.
- Click Send Reminders and then click the menu option to configure the selected client:
- Select Default to System Setting to use the firm level settings. If both email and Twilio are configured at the firm level it will send notifications via email and text message. If only, if only one is configured it will only send that via that one.
- Select Text Message (SMS) if you want the client to receive notifications by text messaging only.
- Select Email if you want the client to receive notifications by email only.
- Select Both (SMS and Email) if you want the client to receive notifications by both text messaging and email.
- Select Never (Opt out) if you do NOT want the client to receive notifications at all.
- Click Done on the Name window to save your changes.
Links to relevant articles
- Enabling Notifications
- Configuring Email Settings for Notifications
- Configuring Text Messaging Settings for Notifications
- Configuring Staff Notifications
- Configuring Client Notifications
- Setting Up a Twilio Account
- Enabling/Disabling Client Notifications