Abstract: The first article in a series of articles about Notifications.
To use Notifications on Abacus Private Cloud, a service must be set up on your server. Please contact Abacus Private Cloud Support at 800-726-3339 for assistance in setting up the Abacus Update Service.
Notifications provide a way for the firm to communicate with staff members as well as with their clients through email and/or phone messaging.
For a video demonstration of this feature, go to https://youtu.be/9-2srZ7s-e0.
For Notifications, Abacus customers can:
- Configure email settings for notifications
- Configure text messaging settings for notifications
- Configure staff notifications
- Configure client notifications
- Enable/disable notifications for clients
For troubleshooting, see Notifications Troubleshooting.
To enable the Notifications feature follow these steps. Note that notifications will NOT be sent if the feature is not enabled.
- Select File > Setup > System Options.
- The System Options window appears. Click Set up Email and SMS Alerts.
- The Notifications Center Settings window appears. Under General, check Enable Notification System.
- For Log activity, select how you want log activity for notifications to be recorded (Normal or With debug info [recommended]). If you do not want log activity to be recorded, select None.
- Click Done to save your changes and close the window.
Article is closed for comments.