AbacusLaw by CARET and its Advantage Database, Fortress, can be mistakenly identified as an intrusion threat by many firewall and anti-virus programs. If not addressed properly, this may cause the installation to fail or AbacusLaw by CARET may not start or run properly.
If you have not already installed AbacusLaw by CARET, you should first do the following:
- Turn ON your firewall software.
- Turn ON firewall alerts.
- If prompted by your firewall, always allow or unblock the following files:
- AbacusLaw WorkStation Standard Setup [Version numbers].msi
- Some firewalls, like ZoneAlarm, may prompt you to allow additional files. You must allow these additional files as well.
- On some occasions you will need to add a port communication exception so that your machine can access the Advantage Database on your server. The port information to add is:
- Name: Advantage TCP
- Port Number: 8006-8007
- Exception Type: TCP
- Name: Advantage UDP
- Port Number: 6262
- Exception Type: UDP