This guide provides general instructions for how to add new users in AbacusLaw by CARET. If you recently added user licenses to your subscription, and those licenses have not yet been implemented, follow this guide.
Any user who views, adds, edits, or deletes information from AbacusLaw by CARET must be licensed. Make sure there is a license for the user you wish to add. You can find the total number of licenses available to you by navigating to Help > About AbacusLaw.
Follow these steps to add a new user.
- Sign into AbacusLaw by CARET as a user with the Administrator security profile.
- Select File > Setup > User Manager. The User Manager window opens.
- If you need to remove an existing user to free up a user license, highlight the user, then click Deactivate. Deactivating a user will NOT affect any data entered by that user in AbacusLaw by CARET. For complete instructions on how to replace a user in AbacusLaw by CARET, follow this guide.
- Click Add.
- Enter First, Middle (optional), Last, and Email Address. Note that the same email address must not be used by any other users.
- Click Done.
- The User Preferences window opens with the User Info tab selected:
- Enter the User ID (this is what the user will use to log in).
- Enter a Password, if desired.
- Click Done.
- If you entered a password, re-enter it on the Confirm Password window that appears.
- If you would like to change the user’s access level in AbacusLaw by CARET, highlight the user that you just created on the User Manager list, then click Security Profile.
- The Security Access Profiles window opens. Highlight the desired security profile from the list and click Done.
- If you would like to deny a user access to either AbacusLaw by CARET or Abacus Accounting altogether, click the relevant icon next to their name on the list to toggle it off (red icon for AbacusLaw by CARET, green icon for Abacus Accounting).
- If the new user is not able to log into MessageSlips, follow the instructions in this guide.