This guide provides general instructions for how to add new users in AbacusLaw. If you recently added user licenses to your subscription, and those licenses have not yet been implemented, please follow this guide.
Any user who views, adds, edits, or deletes information from AbacusLaw must be licensed. Make sure there is a license for the user you wish to add. You can find the total number of licenses available to you by navigating to Help > About AbacusLaw.
- Sign into AbacusLaw as a user with the Administrator security profile.
- Navigate to the User Manager (File > Setup > User Manager).
- If you need to remove an existing user to free up a user license, highlight the user, then click Deactivate.
Deactivating a user will NOT affect any data entered by that user in AbacusLaw. For complete instructions on how to replace a user in AbacusLaw, follow this guide.
- Click Add.
- Enter First, Middle(optional), Last, and Email Address. Click Done.
- The same email address must not be set on any other users.
- Enter the User ID (this is what the user will use to log in).
- Enter a Password, if desired.
- Click Done.
- If you entered a password, re-enter it on the Confirm Password prompt that appears.
- If you would like to change the user’s access level in AbacusLaw, highlight the user that you just created on the User Manager list, then click Security Profile on the bottom button bar.
- Highlight the desired security profile from the list, then click Done.
- If you would like to deny a user access to either AbacusLaw or Abacus Accounting altogether, click the relevant icon next to their name on the list to toggle it off (red icon for AbacusLaw, green icon for Abacus Accounting).
- If, after you have added a new user, that user is not able to log into MessageSlips, follow the instructions in this guide.