- Installing the AbacusLaw Remote API Service
- Activating the Client Portal
- Configuring the Client Portal
- Granting Clients Access
If you are on Abacus Private Cloud you can skip to Activating the Client Portal
Requires AbacusLaw ver. 23.30
Installing the AbacusLaw Remote API Service
- On Premise clients will need to first follow the API Installation Guide. Before continuing to activating the portal.
Activating the Client Portal.
- File Register to insure the system recognizes the Client Portal Practice Pack Subscription.
- Inside AbacusLaw go to File > Setup > System Options > Features Tab. Click the Client Portal Gear box.
Configuring the Client Portal.
- First and foremost check the Enable Client Portal Access check box.
- Data Sharing is where the Firm will choose what information will be available on the Client portal, as well as what the client can upload. Checking the box means you are allowing your clients to view and or add those types of files.
- Record Sharing allows the Firm to set the manner of things being uploaded. Manually or Automatically.
- Share Individual Records Manually. This option make it so that the Firm will manually have to choose to link records to the Portal. This means that piece of data will need to be gone to tagged and then uploaded.
- Share new records automatically by code. The automatic feature will ONLY work for new matters that are linked to a name that is already linked to the portal. The codes need to be selected during this step. Doing this will allow all records that fall under the chosen Matter, Event, Note and Document codes to automatically be uploaded when linked to that name record.
- User Access allows the client of the firm to update their user information such as their contact information that will if changed sync into AbacusLaw.
- The server DNS is the domain name of the portal. It will end in [Firm name].portal.legal
- An example would be FirmName.portal.legal
- The second Tab in the Client portal configuration is the Firms preferences of the site such as the firms logo in the corner and the color scheme.
- After you hit done a test can be done on the server DNS by typing that into a web Browser. (may take some time to configure and set up the first time) you will be directed to the login page.
Granting Clients Access
- Before anything Appears in the portal the Firm will need to go to the a Name Record open it in AbacusLaw and from the Hamburger Menu in the top right and choose Client Portal Access. The Name record MUST have an E-mail address already in the record to be chosen.
- If there is no E-Mail address is on the name record. You will receive this prompt.
- When you Select ADD. You can then setup the Portal User. You MUST set a Password here. The Password must use 1 Uppercase, 1 Lowercase, 1 Number or Special Character, And be 8 characters long.
- The Firm can set a particular password or a temp password for the client who can change it after they log in.
- Click Done, then the client is setup for the Portal