This error is generally caused by conflicting connection methods.
For Example, One user connects as Z:\Abacus\ and another user will use \\Server\Abacus
All connections to the abacus software and database should be the same. We highly recommend having all users connect through a mapped drive and have all workstations use the same letter drive.
To resolve it these steps will need to be done on each workstation.
- Verify that the workstation has a mapped drive to Abacus.
- Check the Abacus icon properties by right clicking on the icon and choosing Properties from the list.
- Verify the Target and Start in paths match the mapped drive.
- Do the same for the Accounting icon.
- Repeat steps on other workstations.
Article is closed for comments.