To be able to do this you must create 2 screens; one screen that the values for the fields can be edited, while the other one will not. After the Screens are created, then go into the screen that will not be editable, delete the fields and replace them with variable text, in the expressions field for the variable text, input odbf:(name of the field). This will show the value for the field that is entered, but will not allow that value to be edited.
Create the screens using screen designer
- Click File > setup > User Defined Screens > (Select database)
- Highlight the screen that is being used (typically original)
- Select Clone
- Input a screen name in Screen ID.
- Select Save As
Delete fields and add variable text fields in their place
- In the screen designer select the newly cloned screen.
- Highlight a field that will not be editable
- Push the delete key on the keyboard to delete the field. Field Text does not need to be deleted.
- Right-Click in the cloned screen, in the same place the field was deleted
- Select Add Variable Text
- In the Text or Expression field Input ODBF:(Name of field)
- Click OK
- Click OK in the Screen Designer
After the new screen is created, go to any workstation and select the new screen in the screen designer, to have that workstation use that screen.