This article explains how to transfer trust funds from one general ledger account (i.e. bank account) to another. If you are simply transferring funds between matters, but the G/L account will remain the same, please follow the instructions in Transferring Charges, Credits, or Trust Funds between Matters.
- Navigate to Trust > Trust Deposits. Click Add.
- Enter the Matter Number and Trust Account that you would like to withdraw the funds from.
- Enter the Amount that you would like to withdraw, but put a negative (-) in front of it.
- Enter the Description.
- Check Create another, then click Done.
- Repeat the same steps as above for the second trust deposit, except enter the same Amount as a positive (no minus in front of it), and change the Trust Account to the account that you are transferring the money to. If you are also transferring the money to a different matter, change the Matter Number to that matter.
- Uncheck Create another, then click Done.
- Highlight ONE of the trust deposits, then click Post.
- Do NOT highlight both of the trust deposits and post them at the same time! This will cause a collision that makes them wash out, and NEITHER trust deposit will appear on your G/L.
- Highlight the other trust deposit, then click Post.
Article is closed for comments.