If you need to undo a trust transfer to cover a bill, or otherwise log that a client's money was transferred from your operating account to your trust account for that client, follow the steps below:
Determine the amount of money you wish to transfer, and what categories you are taking that money from (fees, hard costs, etc). If you are taking money from fees, you need to be sure that you take the correct fee amounts from the correct timekeepers (so that your productivity reports remain accurate). You can get an overview of a matter’s billing summary by going to Matters > Matter Financial Summary.
Withdrawing Matter Funds from Operating
Follow the steps on entering a client refund from this guide.
Depositing into Trust
- Go to Trust > Trust Deposits.
- Click Add.
- Choose the Matter Number that you are transferring money into.
- Choose the Trust Account that you will transfer the money into.
- Add the Amount.
- Enter a Description.
- Click Done.
- Change the *Deposit Date for the trust deposit. This is typically the same day that you withdrew the money from your operating account.
- Highlight the entry, and click Post.
Article is closed for comments.