As of Windows 7, the MessageSlips icon is only displayed when a new message is sent. You can force the icon to be displayed at all times.
In Windows 7 and 8:
- Right-click in the System Tray area. The best place to do so would be near the time and date display on the Windows Toolbar.
- Click on the bottom left where is says Customize notification icons.
- Click on the arrow next to Msgs.exe and change it so that in the Behaviors column it is set to Show icons and notifications.
In Windows 10:
- Right-click on your taskbar, and click Settings.
- Scroll down to the Notification area section, and click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
- Click the selector next to Abacus MessageSlips (or Msgs.exe) from Off to On.