What to do when you have problems importing phone numbers.
When the Abacus program imports phone number fields it is assuming the number does not contain any formatting characters. If you do have formatting characters (parenthesis and dashes) when you import the number it won’t be formatted correctly. You will need to edit the screens and remove the picture so that during the import the program will do no formatting to the data. This will allow you import numbers that look like (555) 555-1212.
To modify the screens, do the following steps:
- click File > Setup > User Preferences.
- Click Appearance tab and then click the Names button.
For the Next Step:
- If you are using our default screen, you will need to Clone the Original Screen, or you will highlight your default screen and click Edit.
- In the new window double click the empty field box next to the phone number. This will bring the properties window up, now you can delete the Picture window.
- After clearing out the Picture Field, Click Done, Done, Done, Done
Article is closed for comments.