If the Add Time Ticket window does not appear when you try to bill an email, read the steps below for common fixes.
If you see an error that looks like the following when trying to bill an email, proceed to: Invalid Programs Path in bolink.ini
Add-in Version is Old
In some cases, after updating AbacusLaw, your workstation is still using an older version of the Outlook add-in, which is incompatible with billing emails on the newer version. To fix this:
- Navigate to Programs & Features in your Windows Control Panel.
- Highlight Abacus Outlook Add-in, and click Uninstall.
- Relaunch AbacusLaw to reinstall the add-in (you should see the installer appear before your login window).
- If relaunching AbacusLaw does not run the add-in installer, navigate to File > Synchronize > Outlook Sync > Setup, then click Outlook Add-in Setup, and click Enable the Add-in.
Invalid Programs Path in bolink.ini
- Navigate to Abacus\v23\data01\accounting (Abacus being the path to the Abacus folder, usually the share on your server, or your mapped drive to the Abacus folder).
- Right-click on bolink.ini, and click Edit.
- If your context menu does not have an option for Edit, click on Open with, then click Notepad.
- This file contains a series of paths to the Abacus directory. Replace the path marked ProgramsPath with the path to the Programs directory in your Abacus share. Also ensure that it has a trailing backslash at the end (e.g. \\SERVER\Abacus\v23\Progams\, NOT \\SERVER\Abacus\v23\Progams).
- The path must the networked path to the Abacus Programs directory that is accessible from ALL workstations (not the local drive path on the server). If you need to verify what the correct path is, right-click on your AbacusLaw shortcut on the desktop, and click Properties. The Target path, prior to lawwin.exe, should be the correct path.