Does your Trust Demand Check Writer or Trust Check Requests screen display a different trust balance on your matter than your Matter Trust Activity does? Follow the below steps to troubleshoot:
- Check if any of the trust transactions on your Matter Trust Activity are on a different Account #than the other transactions. The Bal Before This Check (on Trust Demand Check Writer) or Balance before check requests (on Trust Check Requests) only pulls the balance from the matter's Default Trust Account.
If you need to move any trust funds that are on the wrong account, follow this article: How to Transfer Trust Funds to Another Trust Account.
- To verify the matter's default trust account, navigate to Matters > Matters, and select the matter that you are writing the check (or check request) for. On the window that appears (Matter Maintenance), check the Default Trust Account field.
- Make sure that you do not have any trust transactions that are later than the End Date that you have set in your Matter Trust Activity window.
- Make sure that no items in the Matter Trust Activity are marked on hold. An H next to the Account # indicates this (e.g. 11020.00 – H).
- If it is marked on hold, double-click on the transaction. In the window that appears, uncheck Item on hold.