Outlook 2007 is no longer supported by the Abacus Outlook Add-in, and cannot be enabled successfully in AbacusLaw v23.20 or later.
Microsoft Outlook will frequently disable add-ins automatically that it determines caused Outlook to load more slowly. If you are no longer able to link emails, follow these instructions below to re-enable the add-in in Outlook.
Check in Slow & Disabled COM Add-ins (Outlook 2013 or later)
- In Outlook, navigate to File > Slow and Disabled COM Add-ins
- If you see Abacus Outlook Addin on the list, ensure that Outlook reports “It wasn‘t disabled because it’s in the always enable list”. If it does, proceed to the below steps.
- If not, click Always enable this add-in.
Check for the Add-in in Disabled Items
If the above did not work, ensure that the add-in isn’t in Disabled Items in Outlook (if it is, checking the box next to the add-in on the COM Add-ins list will have no effect).
- In Outlook 2010 or above, navigate to File > Options > Add-ins.
- Click the drop-down next to the Manage area at the bottom, and change it to Disabled Items(it defaults to COM Add-ins). Click Go.
- Look for abacusoladdin on the list. If it is there, highlight it, and click Enable, then click Done.
- If you did not see abacusoladdin on this list, still proceed to the steps below to ensure that it is not currently on the inactive list.
- Switch the dropdown back to COM Add-ins. Click Go.
- Check the box next to Abacus Outlook Addin.
Article is closed for comments.