If the Aimi Lobby does not show anyone online but they are in fact logged in, this is likely due to a disconnect with the Office Tools Service Host. This can be caused by Windows firewall settings, an Anti-Virus program, DNS issues or even network configuration.
To determine whether or not you are connecting to the Office Tools Service Host you can simply left-click, then right-click on Help.
Please note: The Connection and Domain IP addresses should match
- The Connection IP will default to your own workstations IP if it cannot connect to the Domain.
- If the Connection IP does not match your own workstation IP or the Domain IP then the Office Tools Server Components may have been installed and running on another workstation (the IP address of the Connection)
Please note: There should only ever be one OfficeTools Service Host running within a network. OfficeTools Server Components are typically installed on the server or wherever your OfficeTools Database resides.
- If the Connection IP is for another workstation, and the Office Tools Server Components are already installed on the server, then the Server Components will need to be uninstalled from the workstation.
- If the Connection IP is your own workstation IP, you will need to check the server to ensure that the Office Tools Service Host is running. Once you are logged into the server open services.msc (through Windows Search on your taskbar).
- The Office Tools Service Host service will need to be either started or restarted
Back on your workstation, you may need to re-launch Aimi and verify that the Connection and Domain IP's match. If they still do not match, please contact Technical Support.