The Crexendo Integration brings powerful VOIP capabilities to OfficeTools. It allows users to make calls directly to OfficeTools contacts and to collect important information about those calls. Crexendo Integration is just another feature OfficeTools users can implement to save time and increase productivity.
Some of the basic benefits of using the Crexendo Integration for OfficeTools:
- Call contacts with a mouse click
- Get information instantly about a contact when they call in
- Create a contact from a call
- Save voicemails
- Know immediately when a call/voicemail is missed
- Add time information to calls for billing
- Crexendo Integration Setup
- Alert Setup
- Incoming/Outgoing Calls
- Missed Calls
Crexendo Integration Setup
- Crexendo Integration can only be set up by an administrator within OfficeTools.
- Click Setup > Staff > Information. Select the Admin Tab and click Crexendo
The Crexendo API Keys window appears. Check Enabled for each user that will be using the Crexendo Integration.
For each enabled user, enter the user’s API key for the Crexendo Portal. Follow these steps to locate API keys:
- Open the Crexendo Portal
- Under ACCOUNT, select Api Integration
- Click the Gear button and select Add
- Select one more employees that you want to generate an API key for and click Create to generate the key(s)
- A list of users’ API keys appears. Copy and paste the API key for each enabled user from this window into the Crexendo API Keys window.
(optional) Click the Browse button for Voicemail Document Management Category and select the category in Document Management where voicemails will be stored by default.
Click Show Device Parameters. The Crexendo Advanced Phone Parameters window appears. Click Copy To Clipboard and click Close.
In the Crexendo Portal, select PHONE > Device and click Advanced. Paste the copied content at the end of any existing content in the window. Note that the advanced phone parameters are required for the prompts to appear.
Click Save & Reboot
- Once enabled for Crexendo Integration, each user can set up his/her alerts.
- Click Setup > My Settings > Crexendo Setup. The Crexendo Integration window appears. NOTE: Users know they have been enabled if they see a green Authenticated notation on the Crexendo Integration window.
In the Extensions box, select the extension to use for the Crexendo Integration (if necessary).
Under Alerts, check:
- Incoming Call to receive alerts for incoming calls and missed calls
- Outgoing Call to receive alerts for outgoing calls
- Voicemail to be able to access voicemails in the Missed CAll alert window.
Please note: Voicemails are accessed using a play bar. When this option is unchecked, the play bar will not appear in the Missed Call alert window, even if there is a voicemail attached to the missed call.
- Check Download Voicemails into Document Management to automatically store voicemails in Document Management.
Please note: Voicemails will be stored in a specific category in Document Management if this option is checked and a category has been selected for voicemails (during the Initial Crexendo Integration Setup).
- If Download Voicemails into Document Management is checked, Unknown Callers download under Unspecified can be checked to store voicemails from unknown callers in the Unspecified Contact within the OfficeTools.
- Check Always make calls from Workspace on this extension to initiate all outgoing calls from the selected extension by default
- Click Ok to save the changes and close the window.
- If the user is set up to receive alerts for incoming or outgoing calls, an alert window appears in the lower right corner of the workspace when an incoming call is received or an outgoing call is made.
If the caller is a contact, the alert window contains information about the contact and looks like this:
If the caller is unknown, the alert window looks like this:
From the Alert Window, use the buttons as follows:
- Go To Contact: Click to open the Contact in OfficeTools
- Create New Contact: Click to create a new Contact in OfficeTools
- Update Existing Contact: Click to update an existing Contact in OfficeTools
- Create Call: Click to create a call record in OfficeTools for the Contact.
- Start Timer: Click to start the time. Although there is a timer in the upper left corner of the Alert Window, it is for information only. To create a time record for the contact, start the timer and end it after the call to record the time
Click Close (X) button to close the alert window.
- I the user was configured during the Crexendo Integration Setup to receive alerts for incoming calls, the Misses Calls alert window appears in the lower right corner of OfficeTools when an incoming call is missed.
Please note: The user does not have to be logged into OfficeTools to receive missed calls. If calls were missed while logged out, the Missed Calls alert window appears immediately when the user logs back in.
- From the Missed Calls alert window, do any of the following:
- Highlight a row for more information. If the missed call is from an OfficeTools contact, information about the contact appears in the upper left corner.
- Click the Call (1) button or the phone number to call back.
- When the Voicemail symbol (2) appears, there is a voicemail attached to the missed call. When a row is highlighted and there is a voicemail, the play bar appears. Use the play bar controls to play the voicemail.
Please note: Users will only see a voicemail symbol/play bar for a call if there is a voicemail attached to the call AND the voicemail alerts were selected in Alert Setup.
- Click the Save (3) button to save the voicemail to Document Management. Note that this button will not appear if the user selected to automatically save voicemails to Document Management during Alert Setup
- Click the Timer (4) button to open the timer.
- To delete a missed call, click the Delete (5) button.
- This will delete the voicemail as well if it has not been saved (or if the voicemail was not saved automatically)
Click the Close (X) button to close the alert window.
- When using the Crexendo Integration, calls can be made from the Contacts Tab in OfficeTools. Select the contact and then click the phone number link for that contact to place a call. The call is made from the extension chosen during Alert Setup.