Follow these directions to set up full text searching when you have a 64-bit server.
Create new Catalog
To create new catalog
- Click Start > point to Settings , and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
- In the console tree, double-click Services and Applications, and then double-click Indexing Service.
- Right-click Indexing Service, point to New , and then click Catalog.
- In the Name box, type a name for your new catalog AbacusDocs (no spaces allowed in a catalog name)
- In the Location box, type the path to your AbacusDocs directory or click Browse to find it, click the folder in which you want your new catalog located, and then click OK twice.
- When you receive the “Catalog will remain off-line until Indexing Service is restarted”message, click OK.
The new catalog is created and is listed under Indexing Service in the console tree. If not there then go to Add/Remove Programs feature in the Control Panel. Turn Features on in list. Select Indexing Services.
Define the scope of the catalog
After you create a new catalog, you must add the folders that you want included in the catalog's scope. The scope is the set of folders that is included in and excluded from the catalog; the scope defines the content that is included and excluded from the index. For each folder that is included or excluded, all of its sub folders are also included or excluded.
To define the scope of the catalog:
- In the console tree, double-click the Catalog to expand the container (if it is not already expanded).
- Right-click Directories, point to New , and then click Directory.
- Click Browse, locate and click the folder that you want to add, and then click OK. (i.e. C:\Abacus\Data\Docs)
- In the Alias box, type \\ServerName\Abacus\Docs (use local computer name if single user)
- Under Include in Index, perform one of the following tasks:
- Click Yes to include the folder in the catalog.
- Click OK.
- If Indexing Service is running, right-click Indexing Service in the console tree, and then click Stop.
- Right-click Indexing Service, and then click Start.
The folders that you specified are now added and are either included or excluded from the catalog. When you click Directories, the folders are listed in the details pane of the Computer Management console.