The Abacus program requires installation on the server. Generally, you will be at the server machine during the install, however you can install it through a RDP session. During the install the program will crash with a 5185 error message. This is because you are trying to run the program through a remote connection while the Remote server hasn’t been initialized.
- In order to fix this, after you get this error you will need to open the My Computer icon.
- Browse to the root Abacus folder, proceed to open the \Abacus\vXX\Programs folder (where XX = version number of Abacus).
- Find ads.ini located in the programs folder and open it.
- At the top of the document add the following lines (without the quotations):
- Once that is added, close and save the document. You can then continue with the install process.