The AbacusLaw by CARET program requires installation on the server. Generally, you will be at the server machine during the install, however you can install it through an RDP session. During the install the program will crash with a 5185 error message. This is because you are trying to run the program through a remote connection while the remote server hasn’t been initialized.
Follow these steps to fix the error.
- After you get the error, open My Computer.
- Browse to the root Abacus folder, open the \Abacus\vXX\Programs folder (where XX = version number of AbacusLaw by CARET).
- Find ads.ini located in the programs folder and open it.
- At the top of the document add the following lines:
- Close and save the document. Then, continue with the install process.