If you see an error that looks like the message below (e.g. when trying to Post to Abacus note in MessageSlips), this typically occurs when AbacusLaw or MessageSlips (or Outlook, if you see it when using the Outlook add-in) are running as administrator, but the other is not. Follow the steps below to check this:
- Right-click on the AbacusLaw shortcut on your desktop, then click Properties.
- If you have AbacusLaw pinned to your taskbar, you can access Properties by right-clicking on the taskbar pin, right-clicking on the application, then clicking Properties.
- Click Advanced.
- Uncheck Run as administrator, if it is checked. Close the Advanced window.
- Inside the same AbacusLaw Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Ensure Run this program as an administrator is unchecked.
- Repeat the above steps for the Abacus MessageSlips shortcut (or the Outlook shortcut, if you are having the issue with your Outlook add-in).