Outlook 2007 is no longer supported by the Abacus Outlook Add-in, and cannot be enabled successfully in AbacusLaw v23.20 or later.
Microsoft Outlook will frequently disable add-ins automatically that it determines caused Outlook to load more slowly. If you are no longer able to link emails, follow these instructions below to re-enable the add-in in Outlook.
Check in Slow & Disabled COM Add-ins (Outlook 2013 or later)
- In Outlook, navigate to File > Slow and Disabled COM Add-ins
- If you see Abacus Outlook Addin on the list, ensure that Outlook reports “It wasn‘t disabled because it’s in the always enable list”. If it does, proceed to the below steps.
- If not, click Always enable this add-in.
Check for the Add-in in Disabled Items
If the above did not work, ensure that the add-in isn’t in Disabled Items in Outlook (if it is, checking the box next to the add-in on the COM Add-ins list will have no effect).
- In Outlook 2010 or above, navigate to File > Options > Add-ins.
- Click the drop-down next to the Manage area at the bottom, and change it to Disabled Items(it defaults to COM Add-ins). Click Go.
- Look for abacusoladdin on the list. If it is there, highlight it, and click Enable, then click Done.
If you did not see abacusoladdin on this list, still proceed to the steps below to ensure that it is not currently on the inactive list.
- Switch the dropdown back to COM Add-ins. Click Go.
- Check the box next to Abacus Outlook Addin.
Article is closed for comments.