For the basics of customization intake forms, please see this article: Customizing Intake Forms.
Read below for instructions on how to have your intake form automatically calendar events from a court rule when you complete the intake form.
Determine the Rule Name
If you do not already know the rule's code name:
- Navigate to File > Setup > Rules.
- The Rules window appears. Find the rule that you would like to use on the intake form. Note down the Rule name (this is an internal What code supplied to the rule).
Add the Rule to the Intake Form
- Navigate to File > Setup > Intake Form Manager.
- Highlight the intake form that you would like to edit, then click Edit.
- In the window that appears, navigate to the Records tab.
- Click Add a Record, then Event as the type from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the relevant Header text to show above this record and/or Footer text to show below this record (optional).
- Click Add Field, then select Field as the type from the dropdown menu.
- The Fields for EVENTS window appears. Highlight What on the list, then click Done.
- The Intake Form Field Properties window appears. Change the Label and Message line, if desired.
- In Default value, enter the name of the rule that you obtained previously.
- Click Done.
- Add other event fields as desired. You will most likely at least want a field for Who (so you can assign the events to a specific member of staff), and a field for When (so you can assign the date of the initial event).
- Click Done on all open windows, then click Finish on the Intake Form Designer.
When you next use that intake form, it will automatically scheduled events based on the rule that you specified.