After installing the Abacus Outlook Add-in, you may see an error similar to the one below when launching Outlook or trying to enable the add-in:
This error usually occurs when using Outlook 2010 and/or Windows 7, and a dependency of the add-in is missing. It may also occur after an AbacusLaw update, as more recent versions of the add-in have different dependencies.
- 64-bit editions of Outlook are not supported by the add-in. Please also ensure that the edition of Outlook installed is the 32-bit edition by navigating to File > Help (Outlook 2010) or File > Office Account > About Outlook (Outlook 2013 or later).
To fix this error, ensure the following are installed:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 – This is built into Windows 8 or later. If your workstation has Windows 7 or earlier installed, verify that an entry for it appears on Programs & Features in your Windows Control Panel. If not, see this Microsoft article for instructions on how to install it.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Tools 2010 for Office Runtime – This is built into Office 2013 and later, but, on Office 2010, it needs to be installed separately. Verify that an entry for it appears on Programs & Features in your Windows Control Panel. If not, see this Microsoft article for instructions on how to install it.
If Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime was installed PRIOR to installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, you will need to reinstall it (as it otherwise does not install the needed extensions).
- Office 2010 Service Pack 2 – If your workstation has Outlook 2010 installed, ensure that the latest Service Pack 2 update is applied. To check, navigate to File > Help within Outlook. On the right-hand pane, the version number should be listed, and should read 14.0.7015.1000 or higher. If the version number is lower, you can update to the latest version by running all Windows Updates, or by downloading the updates directly from Microsoft: Service Pack 2
- Office 2013 Service Pack 1 – like above, except if Outlook 2013 is installed, ensure that Service Pack 1 is applied. To check, navigate to File > Office Account inside Outlook, then click About Outlook. The version should be at least 15.0.4569.1000.
Article is closed for comments.