When customizing screens, it is possible to not only customize more the initial tab, but also add more custom tabs to the screen beyond what is available by default. Below are instructions on how to do this.
To determine what screen you need to edit:
- Open a matter record that uses the screen that you would like to modify.
- Click the Windows menu and hover over or click the Screens menu option. The code for the screen being used is displayed in the lower left-hand corner of the window.
To add the tab:
- Click Select a Screen (browse)
- Screens can also be accessed at File > Setup > User-Defined Screens.
- Click Add.
- You can also click Clone to copy an existing tab from another screen and use it as your template for the tab you are adding.
- In the ID field, enter the same ID used by the screen that you want to add the tab to (e.g. if you want to add a tab to the IMM screen, enter IMM as the ID on this new screen).
- In the Label field, enter what you would like the tab to be labeled as.
- In the # field, enter the page number that you would like this tab to have. This will determine in what order the tab appears relative to other tabs on the screen.
- Regardless of what number you put here (except 1), the custom tab will always appear AFTER the hard-coded tabs that appear on all names and matters (e.g. Notes, Linked Names/Matters, Events, Docs, Emails).
- Design your tab as desired.