Follow these steps to add a trust deposit.
All money in a trust account must be assigned to a Matter. When entering the beginning balances each Matter has in the Trust Account, it is best to do all matters for that Trust Account as of the same day (i.e., do not do some matter balances as of the first of the month then others as of mid-month etc.).
- Select Trust > Trust Deposits.
- Click the Add button in the upper-right.
- Complete the screen for each matter. Enter the Matter Number, Trust Account Number, Date, Amount and Description. The date utilized should be the date as of the balances being brought over.
- Click the Done button – this brings you back to the Trust Deposits window.
- Verify the Deposit Date is the same as the Date in step #3.
- Highlight the entries and click Post.
- Click Done to close the window.