In some firms you may not want every employee in your office able to edit the registry, especially the registry settings that relate to the Abacus program.
To disable access do the following:
- This must be configured at the Server Computer
- Use Local Group Policy Editor
- First type gpedit.msc into the Search box in the Start menu.
- When Group Policy Editor opens, navigate to User Configuration \ Administrative Templates,then select System.
- Under Setting in the right panel double-click on Prevent access to registry editing tools.
- Select the radio button next to Enabled, click OK, and then close out of Group Policy Editor.
- Now if a user tries to access the Registry they will see an error.
Article is closed for comments.