How to Determine Admin Rights on Your Local Computer
- Open Administrative Tools from the Control Panel.
- Open Computer Management.
- Double-click the Local Users and Groups.
- If you cannot access this section, it is likely you do not have administrator rights to the computer.
- Click Users and in the right pane you should see all user accounts set up on your computer.
- Double-click the account you wish to view the rights of.
- Select the Member Of tab.
- If the user is a Member of “Administrators,” that account has admin rights.
- If you determine you do not have administrative rights, please contact your network administrator.