Money received for payments of fees and costs is processed through Payments. To process client payments complete the following:
In Abacus Accounting:
- Select Billing > Payments Received.
The Enter Client Payments window is displayed.
- Click the Add button in the upper-right.
- Complete the information on each screen of the screen set (General, Breakout, Fee Distribution).
- Click the Done button. The Enter Client Payment window is displayed again, with a list of client payments just entered.
- Select the deposits to be posted.
- Verify the Deposit date in the upper-left. This should be the same as the Payment Date and the date deposited in the bank.
- Click the Post button to complete process.
- Click Done to close the window.
Article is closed for comments.