When linking an email to Outlook, another AbacusLaw session is opened. Frequently, an error message opens telling you that there was a failure in opening the Abacus database.
This error typically happens because, when the link to Outlook was created, AbacusLaw was mapped to a mapped drive path (e.g. Z:\v23), but has, since then, changed to be mapped using a UNC path (e.g. \\SERVER\Abacus\v23), or vice versa. This sometimes happens after an Abacus update, or a re-run of the workstation installer.
In this case, the Abacus Outlook Add-in is looking for a mapped drive letter, and does not detect that AbacusLaw is already open, causing it to open a new occurrence of Abacus from the drive letter.
Follow these steps to relink the Outlook Add-in using the current AbacusLaw path:
- Inside AbacusLaw, navigate to File > Synchronize > Outlook Sync > Setup.
- You will most likely see a prompt appear that looks similar to the below. Click Yes.
- Click Outlook Add-in Setup.
- In the window that appears, click Enable the Add-in.
- You should see the same window as above appear again. Click Yes again.