This error may occur when trying to print bills, run a report, or start Abacus Accounting.
Rebuild Crystal Reports DLLs
This typically happens when certain Crystal Reports DLL files become corrupted on the workstation.
- Unregister the following .dlls
- DLL files can be unregistered by running in command prompt (cmd) the command: “regsvr32 /u filename.dll” where “filename” is the name of the DLL that you are trying to unregister.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWow64 (C:\Windows\System32 if Windows is 32-bit) and DELETE the following .dll files.
- Run AbacusLaw WorkStation Standard Setup [Version numbers].msi to reinstall the corrupted .dlls
- AbacusLaw WorkStation Standard Setup [Version numbers].msi can be found at \Abacus\v23\Programs\
Set Default Printer (in Abacus Accounting and Windows)
This error can also occur if no default printer is set in Accounting or in Windows, or the printer selected no longer exists (even if you are not attempting to send the report to a printer at the time of running bills or reports).
- Navigate to File > Setup > Workstation Options.
- Select a new Default Printer.
To ensure that a default printer is set correctly in Windows:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer that you like to be your default printer, and click Set as default printer.