Abstract: This procedure describes how to import Salesforce contacts into AbacusLaw by CARET as names.
Part 1 Overview
Salesforce Sync lets you import all or specific Salesforce contacts into AbacusLaw by CARET as names. Once in AbacusLaw by CARET, the Salesforce names can be maintained and then synced with Salesforce. Changes made in Salesforce to the integrated Salesforce names will be reflected in the associated AbacusLaw by CARET names after a sync; changes made in AbacusLaw by CARET to the integrated names will be reflected in the Salesforce contacts after a sync.
Note that if you want to select a subset of Salesforce contacts to integrate/sync, you can only select Salesforce contacts with their Opportunity stage set to Closed Won.
Part 2 Setting Up Salesforce Sync
- Select File > Setup > System Options to open the System Options window.
- From the System Options window, under Integration, click Salesforce Sync Setup. The Salesforce Integration window appears.
Complete the settings on the Setup tab as follows:
- Enable Salesforce Sync: Check to enable Salesforce Sync.
- Sync Closed-Won Contacts Only: Check if you want to import only Salesforce contacts with Opportunity stage's set to Closed Won. If you do not check this option, all Salesforce contacts will be integrated as AbacusLaw by CARET names.
- Sync every: Select the time interval you want Salesforce Sync to perform automatically. Set to 0 (Never) if you only want to perform Salesforce Sync manually.
- Log activity: Select if you want to log Salesforce Sync activity (Normal), if you want to log Salesforce Sync activity with debug info (With debug info), or if you do not want to log Salesforce Sync activity (None). If a Salesforce Sync log file is generated, it is saved to Abacus\v23\data01\Sync\Logs\Salesforce.
- Client ID: Enter your Salesforce client ID.
- Access: Enter your Salesforce access code.
- User Name: Enter your Salesforce account user name.
- Password: Enter your Salesforce account password.
- Query: Select a query to be assigned to names integrated from Salesforce.
- Attorney: Select an attorney code to be assigned to names integrated from Salesforce.
- Class: Select a class code to be assigned to names integrated from Salesforce.
- Click Test Settings. AbacusLaw by CARET will try to log in to Salesforce with the credentials provided and will display a message informing you if the process was successful or not.
The Phone Number Mapping tab on the Salesforce Integration window lets you map where phone numbers for integrated Salesforce names are placed in AbacusLaw by CARET. Mapped phone numbers will be set appropriately for the phone number fields in Salesforce.
- Click Done to save your changes.
Part 3 Performing Salesforce Sync Manually
This procedure cannot be performed until after Salesforce Sync is set up.
To perform a Salesforce Sync manually, select Names > Sync with Salesforce. The synchronization process runs according to your Salesforce Sync setup.