One feature that has been added to the Abacus program is often overlooked is the ability to set a default query for you Names, Events and Matters browse. This can become handy for those firms that have a lot of information that they might have to scroll through to get to the data that they are looking for.
A good set of default queries for the databases are: Names (Active Only), Events (Not Done) and Matters (Opened).
To set the default query in the Abacus program
- click File > Setup and then, User Preferences.
- In the new window that appears, click on the Queries and Miscellaneous tab. Click on the button that you would like to set the default query for (either the Names, Events or Matters button).
- Highlight the query and then click the Done button.
- Click Done to save the User Preferences.
- When you next open the browse window you will notice that the query you had selected will automatically be assigned.
- You can clear this default setting by selecting the Query button and clicking Clear.