Perform the following steps if you are receiving the multi-user error (-6123, 0).
If the computer name where the file is hosted has changed:
- Reboot the computer.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Select File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Select File > Switch to Multi-User Mode.
Note: If the company file cannot be opened, then "Switch to Multi-User Mode" will not be available. Instead select File > Utilities > Host Multi-User Access.
If the McAfee Privacy Service is installed:
- Open the McAfee Security Center.
- Open the Privacy Service tab.
- Click Configure Privacy Service Options.
- Select Options.
- Open the Block Info tab.
- Deselect the Block Web Bugs on this Computer option.
- Close McAfee Security Center.
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.