To convert a QuickBooks Online Edition company file to a desktop version of QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, or QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, use the Export Interview and follow the instructions to export either Lists only or Lists and Transactions.
Note: You must log in as the QuickBooks Administrator to convert your company file.
Open the version of QuickBooks desktop that the QuickBooks Online Edition company file will be converted into.
Note: Stop at the No Company Open window. Do NOT open a company file.
- Go to www.qboe.com.
- Log into your company file.
- Select Company > Export Your Data.
- Click Export Interview in the Help Topics window (QuickBooks Online Export window opens).
Select an option to export Lists or Lists & Transactions, then click Next.
- Select an export location in the Create New QuickBooks File window.
- Enter a file name for the new company file.
Note: QuickBooks Online Edition begins converting your data and displays a progress bar on the screen.
- Click Finished when the conversion is complete.
- Switch to your QuickBooks desktop version.
- Select File > Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a company file.
- Click Next.
- Browse to the location where you created the company file and select it, then click Open.