1. On the Finances tab, in the Products & Pricing group, click Add. The Add a Product screen will display.
2. Enter a Product Code for the product.
This will appear on all invoices and quotes.
3. Enter the appropriate information in the rest of the screen
4. The Links tab provides an area to associate the product with specific contacts, projects, sales opportunities or suppliers. To link the product with any or all of these categories, click the appropriate button, conduct a search for the record, and double-click the record you would like to link back to the product.
5. The Invoice Details tab that will list the corresponding Invoice Line Items where a Product has already been sold. It also displays the actual sales price.
6. The Reorder/Audit tab provides an area to keep detailed information on the reorder levels, amounts and associated dates. Fill out information on this tab as appropriate.
7. The Notes tab provides an unlimited text field to store additional notes on the product. Fill out this tab as appropriate.
8. Click the Save icon to save the record.
Tip! No longer need a product? The “Discontinued” check box will prevent user from adding the item to quotes, invoices and other windows. It is not possible to delete a product that has already been used.