To convert a QuickBooks Online Edition company file to a desktop version of QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, or QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, use the Export Interview and follow the instructions to export either Lists only or Lists and Transactions
Note: You must log in as the QuickBooks Administrator to convert your company file.
APC Clients attempting to covert a QBO file to QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Online is a SaSS application and is not supported by APC support.
TSScan must be installed on a server and local workstation.
Open the version of QuickBooks desktop that the QuickBooks Online Edition company file will be converted into.
Note: Stop at the No Company Open window. Do NOT open a company file.
- Go to www.qboe.com.
- Log into your company file.
- Select Company > Export Your Data.
- Click Export Interview in the Help Topics window (QuickBooks Online Export window opens).
Select an option to export Lists or Lists & Transactions, then click Next.
- Select an export location in the Create New QuickBooks File window.
- Enter a file name for the new company file.
Note: QuickBooks Online Edition begins converting your data and displays a progress bar on the screen.
- Click Finished when the conversion is complete.
- Switch to your QuickBooks desktop version.
- Select File > Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a company file.
- Click Next.
- Browse to the location where you created the company file and select it, then click Open.
Note: if the file does not convert, Intuit Support will need to assist you further.