There are instances where staff realize they have entered transactions into the wrong control date. If they haven’t been posted then can use the Purge Unposted Data utility.
1. From the Utilities menu, select Purge Unposted Data.
2. Under Processing Options, select Modify the Dates. Under Process Transaction Type, select Unposted Bills.
3. Click Purge/Modify for Selected Dates only and enter the selected control date and apply new control date.
4. If there are more than one batch displayed, then check the Purge/Modify for Selected Batches only box and click on the desired Control Date/Batch # line and click Start.
5. A box will be displayed showing what changes you are about to make:
6. Click Yes and then you will get a confirmation box of the changes:
7. This utility can also be used to purge actual batches but it is very rare that that circumstance ever happens.