To add a Document to your homepage:
- The Add Document screen will appear.
- Choose an appropriate Document Type.
- If applicable, choose to link the document to a Contact, Activity, Project or Sales Opportunity by clicking the appropriate binocular icon.
- The Doc Date will default to today’s date. Change this field if necessary.
- Type in a Description of the Document.
- Click the Browse button to locate and select the file you wish to link to Results.
- The File Name or URL box will auto-populate with the name of the attached document. If necessary, change the information in this field.
- Click the Save icon to save the record
- Take note of the document's ID#
- Close the screen.
- Click on Advanced Search on the left side of Documents DMC.
- Click Maintain Named Searches
- Add Document ID# as a search criteria
- In the Value field, type the ID# of the desired document.
- Check the “Begin Group” and “End Group” boxes.
- Click the Save Icon: , and name the search.
- Click “ADD”
- The “Home Page Contents” Dialogue opens:
Figure: Home Page contents screen.
- For “Data center”, select Documents.
- For “Named Search” select the search you had just created.
- Click “OK”
The Named Search for the Document will now display on the home page. Open the search, Click on the document, and then open the file to access the spreadsheet.